This cleaning ritual is both physical and energetic, so yes, you’ll need to break out the feather duster and vacuum!
Cleaning and purging is a sacred act that many women avoid doing. Deep cleaning the house, hearth, home is an endless, often thankless task that we tend to put off as long as possible. I don’t know about you girlfriend, but it seems like every time I turn around there’s another task to be completed… another dirty dish to be washed, another load of laundry that needs to get done or a wispy, just out of reach cobweb to conquer.
It’s All About Perspective…
And for that reason, I recommend you shift your perspective and view each act of cleaning as a sacred ritual, which honors all that you hold dear.
You can… sweep away negativity, wash the residue of a bad day off your dishes and let it flow down the drain, and clean your windows so they can shine positive energy in.
Make every action a sacred act that honors yourself, your family and your feminine spirit. Before long you will not only have a clean house, but a peaceful spirit.
Here Are Some Best Practices For Your House Cleaning Ritual
I recommend that you always use all natural commercial cleaning supplies or make your own using herbs, essential oils and natural ingredients and I recommend that you perform a Sacred House Cleaning Ritual at least once every change of seasons or as often as needed to clear out negative or stagnant energy.
- Go through all of your belongings. If you can’t (or won’t) wear it, eat it or use it, get rid of it or better yet…donate it to someone who can. As you clean and purge, identify any worn out thought patterns, perceptions, or assumptions that block or sabotage your success and visualize letting them go just as you are the unneeded pile of stuff!
- Grab a broom and use it to get rid of any cobwebs and dust from the ceiling corners and hard to reach places. Do the same for baseboards and windowsills too.
- Take down washable curtains and wash them! Tie a tablespoon of thyme in an old sock and add it to the load during the rinse cycle.
- Clean the mirrors in your home with rubbing alcohol. It strips away dirt, nicotine (yuk) and fingerprints. Rubbing alcohol strips away negative energy big-time. Wipe dry with white paper towels or newspaper.
- Sprinkle all rugs generously with baking soda mixed with dried lavender flowers and then vacuum well. Rugs can hold a lot of negative energy! Chant “Negative Energy Be Gone” as you vacuum.
- Clean each room thoroughly, in and out of cabinets and closets too! (Be sure to fold and organize each drawer, cabinet and closet as you go!)
- Smudge your home with Sage (or Sage and Pine) Smudging Stick or a Sage Spray
Here’s one of my favorite herbal recipes for cleaning floors:
All Natural Wood Floor Cleaner
This blend will clean and scent your wood floors. You can use other favorite fragrant teas in place of the peppermint, though the mint has the added benefit of being a natural bug repellant…
½ cup white vinegar
½ cup peppermint tea
Add ingredients to 2 gallons of warm water in a bucket. Wash (but don’t soak) floors—no need to rinse!
Peppermint is used “magickally” to increase the vibrations of a space or in spells and incense for healing & purification. Place a sachet filled with peppermint in your pillow to ensure peaceful sleep and bring about prophetic dreams. Use peppermint to anoint furnishings and household objects. Burn peppermint in a new home to clear out sickness and negative energy. Use it in magickal workings to provide the push needed to bring change to one’s life and carry with other herbs to boost love & abundance wishes.
Your Goddess Lifestyle Plan Assignment
Your assignment is to take a look in your calendar and schedule a day to do a Sacred House Cleaning Ritual! Schedule the donation truck for pick up and purchase the peppermint tea and other herbs/sage/ingredients you need to make this day magical! I guarantee you’ll LOVE the way you feel in your clean, organized home.
Do You Want To Learn More About Magical Living and Life Magick?
Have you wanted to learn more about magical herbs, incense, oils and brews – their history, mythology, and metaphysical uses? Then I invite you to take a look at my sacred offering: The Goddess Lifestyle Plan Sisterhood, designed to offer you access to sacred tools, knowledge, and practice… the curriculum includes herbs, essential oils, natural remedies… and much, much more!
If you liked this article please share with your tribe on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, and Pinterest. I have share buttons at the beginning and end of the article. Oh…and don’t forget, if you’d like to magically create an abundant life YOU love, downloaded my free gift to you, The Goddess Lifestyle Swag Bag! My Design Your Goddess Life Planner will help you identify what your goals and dreams are, what makes you tick, what makes you enthusiastic, happy, refreshed, ecstatic, fulfilled, content, healthy, whole, and authentically YOU! (look below and enter your name and email!)