BITCH SLAP Germs with Four Thieves Oil!
I always have a bottle stashed at home and in my office just in case someone comes near me sneezing or sniffling 🙂
I find this synergistic blend of pure essential oils to be very effective in keeping me (and my family) from getting unwell . All the essential oils used in this formula have been noted for purifying and germ-destroying properties while stimulating the immune system, circulation and the respiratory system. According to research at Weber State University, Thieves was found to have a 99% kill rate against airborne bacteria when diffused!
With this recipe, you can whip up a bottle or two of your very own Four Thieves Oil in five minutes or less, so keep on reading…
Four Thieves Oil Folklore
Herbal lore has it that, while the plague was raging in France, a rash of burglaries of plague victims’ homes was discovered. No effort was made, however, to apprehend the thieves, as it was assumed that they would soon succumb to the contagion in the homes they had robbed….
The thieves carried on their crime spree for some time, and people began to wonder why they had not become ill and die. It was then that authorities began to pursue them…. mainly to discover the secret of their immunity to the deadly plague.
Once the burglars had been apprehended, they struck a bargain with authorities … that they be set free in exchange for revealing the secret to their immunity to the plague.
It was then that the thieves revealed the herbal disinfectant formula that had rendered them immune to the plague.
Current theorists suggest that this formula, now called “Four Thieves Oil”, may offer protection against fearsome possible threats, such as the flu, smallpox, and biological weapons, which concern us today, as all of its ingredients are either strong anti-bacterial agents, or have potent anti-viral properties.
Four Thieves Oil Recipe
2 ounce dropper bottle (amber or cobalt colored)
Carrier oil (choose from olive, jojoba or almond)
50 drops of each of the following pure Essential Oils:
- Cinnamon Bark
- Clove Bud
- Drip the pure essential oils into the 2 ounce dropper bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with the carrier oil of your choice.
- To sanitize and purify the air in your home or workplace, place 2-3 drops of the essential oil blend in a diffuser, nebulizer, or in a pot of simmering water on the stove. Diffuse for approximately 20-30 minutes. This is especially beneficial if someone in your home or workplace is sick.
- Make an antibacterial all-purpose spray for cleaning and disinfecting your home or workplace. This is perfect for office spaces and shared areas! Fill a spray bottle with water and add the essential oil blend at a 1-2 % dilution rate. Spray on counter tops, desks, and on other surfaces. Make sure to shake before using as the oil and water will naturally separate.
- Use a 1-2% dilution rate of the essential oil blend in a base of water or alcohol, and spray onto insect bites, poison oak, and poison ivy rashes to help reduce inflammation, itching, and irritation.
- Mix the essential oil blend at a 1-2% dilution rate with organic Jojoba or Olive oil. Use as a massage oil for sore muscles, the lower back, neck, and feet. It can also be dabbed on skin throughout the day for general cold and flu prevention and immune support.
- When congested, mix a 1-2% dilution rate of the essential oil blend with organic Jojoba or Olive oil, and rub under the nose or on the chest. Or, place 1-2 drops in a bowl of hot, steaming water and inhale the vapors under a towel to relieve congestion.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Four Thieves on the bottoms of feet and on the nape of the neck to help keep your sacred body vessel immune from germs.
To purchase the high quality Essential Oils I use, visit www.magicaloilswithlisamarie.com
If you’d like me to personally help you to pick out specific oils for your wellness needs, fill out the form on this page: http://www.goddesslifestyleplan.com/essential-oils/
* Never use pure essential oils directly on skin. Always mix with a carrier oil.